- Museum/Module Operator - the Museum of King Jan III's Palace at Wilanów with its registered office in Warsaw, ul. Stanisława Kostki Potockiego 10/16, 02-958 Warszawa, having legal personality, entered in the Register of Cultural Institutions (RIK) under the number 39/95, maintained by the Minister of Culture and National Heritage, Tax Identification Number (NIP) 951-00-54-672, Statistical Identification Number (REGON) 010956038, tel (+48) 22 5442 700.
- Module - a module of the Museum's website intended for the on-line booking and/or purchase of tickets for Events at the address: http://wilanow-palac.pl/ticket_booking.html
- Museum's Box Office - the box office located in the foreground of the palace at ul. Stanisława Kostki Potockiego 10/16, 02-958 Warszawa.
- Event - thematic walks, workshops, performances, temporary exhibitions (e.g. Royal Garden of Light), occasional events, etc., and group visits with a guide or individual visits including palace premises available to the visitors and/or the Wilanów Park, taking place at dates and times indicated on a ticket and in accordance with the rules for visits available on the website the rules for visits available on the website.
- Rules - these Rules of the on-line booking of group tickets and/or the purchase of individual and group tickets for Events at the Museum via the Module and of the booking of tickets by phone or e-mail, together with any amendments made to them hereunder by the Museum.
- Booking – booked tickets for an Event. Only tickets for Events for groups shall be subject to booking. It shall not result in immediate payment for tickets. A booking may be cancelled 4 days prior to the date of an Event at the latest.
- Commission – tickets for Events for individual visitors and groups shall be subject to commissioning. It shall require immediate purchase of tickets.
- Booking Party/Commissioning Party - a person booking tickets and/or purchasing individual and/or group tickets on-line and/or booking group tickets by phone or e-mail for the Museum Events.
- Ticket - a document authorising to attend an Event at a specified date, incorporating a fee for the Event in accordance with information provided on the ticket.
II. General Provisions
- These Rules establish specific terms and conditions of the booking of group tickets and/or purchasing individual and group tickets on-line as well as the booking of group tickets by phone or e-mail for Events at the Museum.
- The Museum provides services of the booking of group tickets and/or purchasing individual and group tickets on-line as well as the booking of group tickets by phone or e-mail, in accordance with these Rules. The Museum reserves the right to amend and update the content of the Rules at any time, with each amendment hereof being notified to the Commissioning Party through posting information on an amendment in the Module and uploading such amended Rules in the Module and on the Museum's website.
- The booked tickets may be paid on-line (point V of the Rules) or at the Museum's Box Office, on the day of a planned visit to the Museum at the latest. A booking shall be automatically cancelled if it has not been used at a specified date for the start of an event at the latest.
- A Booking shall be automatically cancelled if it has not been completed 15 minutes prior to the starting time of an Event indicated in an e-mail confirming the Booking, excluding such Events as: temporary exhibitions (e.g. Royal Garden of Light) and group visits to the park with an own guide.
- Without delay after making a booking of tickets and/or purchasing tickets on-line as well as a booking of group tickets by phone or e-mail, the Commissioning Party shall receive from the system a confirmation of the booking sent by e-mail to the e-mail address given by the Commissioning Party with the indication of a booking number, the amount of the tickets booked, the subject of the Event for which the tickets has been booked, dates and times of the Event as well as the value of the booked tickets.
- In order to collect the booked tickets at the Museum's Box Office, the Commissioning Party should provide
a booking number (indicated in the confirmation referred to in paragraph 5 above).
- Where the Commissioning Party makes use of a concession on the purchase price of tickets or special tickets, he/she may collect the booked tickets at the Museum's Box Office, upon presentation of a document confirming the entitlement to the making use of the concession (i.e. student/ school/ pensioner ID card).
- Prior to making use of the booking and/or ticket purchase process by means of the Module, the Commissioning Party should familiarise himself/herself with the Rules and acknowledge the fact of being familiarised and the acceptance of the content hereof, through ticking an appropriate box in the window which opens automatically in the Module, and subsequently make registration.
- In order to make registration and/or purchase of tickets by means of the Module, the Commissioning Party should have access to the Internet Explorer, Mozilla FireFox, Opera, Google Chrome or Safari web browser in their newest version.
III. Booking of group tickets by means of the Module
- Through the Module, the Commissioning Party may book group tickets for Events at the Museum given in the Module, in accordance with the dates and times of Events indicated therein and for the price specified in the Module and given in the booking process by means thereof.
- In the case of booking tickets by means of the Module and subsequent purchase of tickets through it, to such booking the provisions of Article V “On-line purchase of individual and group tickets” apply.
IV. Phone or e-mail booking of the group tickets
- Phone booking of tickets may be made at the number (+48) 22 5442 850, from Monday to Friday, between 9 am and 4 pm.
- E-mail booking may be made at the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order to make a phone or e-mail booking, an employee of the Booking Office should be provided or in an e-mail there should be provided the following data: the full name of a contact person, phone number, e-mail address, subject, and suggested date of an Event, number of participants, and/or name of an institution/company (the Commissioning Party). Thereby, the Commissioning Party agrees to contact from the Museum in order to effectively handle the booking.
- All phone conversations shall be recorded.
- In the case of a phone or e-mail booking of tickets and subsequent on-line purchase of tickets, to such booking the provisions of Article V "On-line purchase of individual and group tickets" apply.
V. On-line purchase of individual and/or group tickets
- The purchase of individual and/or group tickets may be made on-line by means of the Module.
- The purchase of group tickets, previously booked by phone or e-mail, may be made on-line after the receipt, to the e-mail address given in the booking process, of a specially generated link to payments. Such a link shall direct the Commissioning Party to the PayU service.
- In order to buy a ticket by means of the Module, one should fill out a purchase form and follow instructions contained in the Module. The Museum kindly requests that the form be filled out carefully and completely. Failure to follow instructions contained in the Module may make it impossible to effectively purchase a ticket. Providing inaccurate data, in particular an incorrect e-mail address may make it impossible to receive reimbursement of costs for unused tickets in accordance with the provisions of Article VIII (1).
- With the on-line purchase of tickets, the payments shall be made by electronic transfer or a payment card.
- The tickets shall the property of the Museum until the Museum has recorded the confirmation of making payment by the Commissioning Party's Bank.
- Any payment which has not been confirmed by the Commissioning Party's Bank within 20 minutes of making a commission shall cause automatic cancellation of the commission, of which the Commissioning Party shall be informed in a separate e-mail.
- The payments for tickets shall be handled only by PayU S.A. with its registered office in Poznań, ul. Grunwaldzka 182, through the web portal www.payu.pl. Lack of the bank confirmation, referred to in paragraph 4, shall lead to the money collected by a payment operator being automatically returned to the Commissioning Party's bank account. Of the manner in which to proceed in such case, the Commissioning Party shall be informed by e-mail by the payment operator - the PayU S.A. company, the owner of the www.payu.pl portal, whom one should directly contact then by sending an e-mail to the address: email@example.com or by phone at the number: (+48) 61 630 60 05.
- Under the Ordinance of the Minister of Finance of 26 July 2010 on the exemptions from the obligation of keeping records by means of cash registers (Dz. U. of 2010r. No 138 item 930), the sale of tickets with regard to on-line commissioning and payments is not subject to fiscal procedures, and therefore the Commissioning Party does not receive a till receipt.
- The ticket prices include VAT. In order to receive a VAT invoice, one should in the commissioning process select the VAT invoice option and give accurate data necessary for issuance thereof.
- The Commissioning Party who bought via the on-line sale system concessionary tickets shall be obligated to produce a document entitling to a concession, prior to entering an Event for which the tickets have been purchased. The tickets without documented entitlement to concession shall not authorise the entry to an Event and may not be returned.
- After the payment for an on-line purchase and entering the payment in the accounting books in accordance with paragraph 3 and 6, a ticket shall be sent to the e-mail address given in the form of the PDF attachment. You are kindly requested to verify the correctness and compliance of the ticket with a commission, in particular as regards the amount, type of an Event, its date and time.
- A ticket printed out or recorded on a mobile device, such as a smartphone, tablet, e-book reader, shall be verified prior to entry to an Event and shall constitute entitlement to participation in the Event (subject to paragraph 10). In the case of an electronic ticket, it is important to ensure that software enabling proper display of files in the PDF format is installed on the mobile device. In order to effectively scan the ticket from a mobile device one should set the brightness of the display to the maximum.
- While buying tickets on-line, the Commissioning Party shall be required to abide by the rules for visits with the content of which he/she/it may familiarise himself/herself/itself directly at the Museum or on the Museum's website.
- The impossibility of purchasing tickets via the on-line sale system shall not mean the impossibility of buying tickets at the Museum's Box Office insofar as tickets for Events are still on sale.
VI. Personal data protection
- During the process of the on-line booking of tickets and/or purchasing tickets and the booking of tickets by phone or e-mail to the indicated e-mail address, the Commissioning Party shall provide the Museum with his/her personal data.
- The Controller for the personal data collected with regard to an agreement shall be the Museum of King Jan III's Palace at Wilanów with its registered office at ul. Stanisława Kostki Potockiego 10/16, 02-958 Warszawa. Contact with the controller shall be possible via the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at the address of the registered office as indicated above.
- A data protection officer has been appointed at the Museum with whom contact is possible via the e-mail address: email@example.com in all matters pertaining to the personal data processing and the exercise of rights relating to such processing.
- Data shall be processed for the purposes relating to the booking of tickets and performance of contracts for on-line purchase of tickets for the Events referred to in the rules of the service as well as in order to use the Module for booking/selling tickets on the website after registering an account with a view to making subsequent commissions.
- The legal basis for the data processing shall be taking necessary actions concerning the conclusion and performance of contracts of sale and the use of the service enabling making subsequent commissions - in reference to Article 6 (1)(b) of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR).
- Collected data may be transferred to entities processing personal data at the request of the Museum, including i.a. to entities handling IT systems relating to the sales and financial reporting - with such entities processing data under an agreement with the Museum and only in accordance with its provisions.
- Personal data shall be stored for the period specified in accounting provisions with regard to persons who bought a ticket on-line, and in the event of non-completion of a sale by a user having an account for booking/sale in the Module, for the period of 2 years of the last logging on to his/her account.
- Each person shall have the right: of access to data, to receive a copy of data, rectification, erasure, and restriction of processing thereof.
- Each person shall also have the right to personal data portability, i.e. to receive from the Museum the personal data in commonly used electronic format which may be sent, if necessary, to another data controller.
- In order to exercise the above rights one should contact the Museum or a data protection officer - contact details indicated above in paragraphs 2 and 3.
- Each person shall also be entitled to lodge a complaint with the President of the Office of Personal Data Protection.
- Providing data is voluntary. Failure to provide them shall render the making of a booking and performance of contract of sale impossible.
- The Commissioning Party may file a complaint about a ticket booking process and/or on-line purchase of tickets or the booking of tickets by phone or e-mail as well as about the quality of services provided by the Museum, by sending an e-mail (paragraph 2) to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to the Museum of King Jan III's Palace at Wilanów with its registered office in Warsaw, ul. Stanisława Kostki Potockiego 10/16, 02-958 Warszawa, with a note "complaint - - Booking Office", within 14 (fourteen) calendar days of the fixed date of an Event.
- In a complaint the Commissioning Party should indicate: to what the complaint relates, the booking/commission number and the reason for the complaint, with the Museum not being liable for improperly made complaints, in particular for giving inaccurate or false data by the Commissioning Party.
- The Museum shall also not be liable for failure to provide information in the event of its being blocked by an anti-spam system of the e-mail system of the Commissioning Party.
- A complaint shall be investigated by the Museum within 14 calendar days of the receipt thereof by the Museum. About the outcome of the complaint the Museum shall inform the Commissioning Party, in writing or by e-mail to the address indicated in the complaint, without undue delay after the investigation thereof.
- The investigation of a complaint by the Museum shall not exclude the right of the Commissioning Party to seek claims in accordance with the general principles of the Civil Code and provisions of the Act on the Consumer's Rights of 30 May 2014 (Dz. U. of 2017 item 683, as amended).
VIII. Return and exchange of tickets
- If an Event will not take place due to reasons attributable to the Museum, it shall accept returns of the tickets bought on-line and return the amount paid under paragraph 4.
- The returns due to the reasons referred to in paragraph 1 for tickets paid at the Museum's Box Office may be made only at this Office.
- The purchased tickets may not be returned or exchanged for tickets at a different price or for another Event or date of Event, subject to paragraph 1 of this Article.
- Delay longer than 15 minutes of the starting time of an Event indicated on a ticket or in e-mail confirming a booking shall make it impossible to take part in the Event, excluding such Events as: temporary exhibitions, (e.g. Royal Garden of Light) or individual and group visits with an own guide, in which case an expiry time is indicated on a ticket (timeframe).
- Pursuant to Article 38 (12) of the Act of 30 May 2014 on the Consumer's Rights (Dz. U. of 2017 item 683, as amended), the right to rescission of a contract made at a distance shall not appertain to a consumer with regard to services relating to cultural Events, if the contract specifies the date or period of the provision of a service.
IX. Final provisions
- The tickets bought at the Museum's Box Office and on-line may not be copied or altered.
- The Museum shall not be liable for the operation of the Internet via which the booking and/or purchase of tickets is made. The Museum shall not be liable for information or other data lost in the Internet, individual settings of computers and the manner of their configuration as well as settings or interruptions to the provision of services occurring at the Internet access providers.
- If any irregularities in the operation of the Module, placed on the website, for booking and/or on-line purchase of tickets, have been uncovered, please contact us by phone as soon as possible from Monday to Friday between 9 am and 4 pm, at the number (+48) 22 5442 850, or to the e-mail address: email@example.com.
- The Museum shall not be liable for tickets damaged or lost by the Commissioning Party.
- The Commissioning Party in the booking of tickets and/or purchase of tickets on-line and the booking of tickets by phone or e-mail shall be obligated to familiarise himself/herself with these Rules, provide accurate data and not to send any unlawful contents.
- The booking and/or purchase of tickets on-line via the Module and booking tickets by phone or e-mail shall not involve any costs except for costs of connection to the Internet or a telephone operator, which cost shall be borne by the Commissioning Party as per the rates of the Internet access provider or the operator whose services the Commissioning Party uses.
- These Rules of the on-line booking of tickets and/or the purchase of thereof and of booking tickets by phone or e-mail is available on the website available on the website, at the Museum's Box Office and in the Museum's dressing room.